Tequila Me Softly
I love spicy drinks! I know, I'm a rare bird but let me go ahead and say that if you don't like spice, you can just eliminate the spicy ingredients and be left with a refreshing tequila cooler. I mean, at that point the name of the cocktail won't make sense so you might as well just pivot over to a margarita :) Just Kidding. I feel like I should spend a little time explaining how the cocktail does carry some heat, but it's a slow burn that gives more of a warming effect as the rest of the cool, fresh ingredients flow into your system for refreshment. I paired it with a cup of chicken & black bean soup (btw, totally made that recipe up this morning but let me know if you are interested in seeing that posted). Something about cocktails with a kick that instantly transports me to Summer Time Chi. I fondly remember making this cocktail for my friends and I for every summer get togethers at the Lake, and it never disappointed. Hope you enjoy it!
- 4 oz. Tequila (of your choice)
- LaCroix Grapefruit
- Powdered Sugar
- Tajin Powder
- 1/2 Jalapenõ (chopped and remove seeds)
- 1/2 Cucumber (sliced)
- 2 Limes
- 2 Tbsp of Korean Honey Citron Tea (Any Citrus Marmalade will work)
What you will need: Shaker, muddler, cutting board, plate (to rim glasses), ice and knife
shake. it. up.
- First, we will start with the garnish and rim. Since this cocktail is poured from the shaker into the glass you will want to get this done first. Start by pouring an ounce of agave onto a plate and rimming the top of your glass with it.
- Next, on a separate plate you will mix the Tajin with the powdered sugar. Take the glasses with the agave on top and roll across the plate to rim.
- Take one of the cucumber slices and cut in half. Cut a small slit into the each slice so that it can be placed on the glass for garnish. I dipped the slit side in the same rimming mixture for fun.
- Squeeze the juice from the limes into a shaker along with the sliced cucumbers and chopped jalapenõs and muddle the ingredients.
- Pour the tequila, and honey citron tea (or marmalade) into the muddled mixture and shake it up.
- Place ice cubes into the glasses and pour mixture from shaker into it.
- Top mixture with the LaCroix and serve.