Maple Bourbon Mini Doughnut Cakes
Yes, another dessert recipe with alcohol infused into it...why not?! This idea came to me because I was gifted a bottle of bourbon infused maple syrup. However, when I received it, I was in the middle of detox/cleanse where I couldn't eat any sugars, breads or drink alcohol so I was kind of feeling tortured. I was just dreaming of the day I could finally crack open the bottle and pour the syrup over pancakes, waffles or ice cream and just go to town! I was drooling at the mouth for weeks. Well the day finally came and instead of the pancakes, waffles or ice cream, I opted for doughnuts! I guess I was overwhelmed with options and I had never made doughnuts before so I thought it would be fun! I'll admit, the first batch I tested wasn't the best so I had to tweak this recipe to get it right! If you give it a try, let me know your thoughts!
What you will need: Mixing Bowls (2), Electric Mixer or Whisk, Mini Doughnut Pan (1), plastic freezer bag and scissors (to cut bag)
This recipe will make about 12 mini doughnuts. Prep Time: 15 mins/Bake Time: 20 mins
- 1.5 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 cups of Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Softened Butter
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of bourbon infused maple syrup (you can use regular maple syrup if you want and just add 1 oz of bourbon to it).
- Spray Oil
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup Bourbon infused Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Melted Butter
Let's. Do. This
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray doughnut pan with oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients for the doughnuts and whisk.
- Add in the vanilla extract, eggs and softened butter and mix. Slowly add in the buttermilk and maple syrup.
- Pour mixture into freezer bag. You will cut the corner of the bag to form a piping bag.
- Using the bag, fill the doughnut tray with the mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clear.
- Once ready, remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the glaze and mix with an electric mixer.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled, dip them in the glaze and place back onto cooling rack. I dipped my doughnuts into the glaze about 4 times to get a thicker coating. Wait for the glaze to dry before dipping each time.