Greyhounds have become an obsession for me as of lately. If you ask me what my favorite drink is, I will most likely answer by asking what the occasion is. That's because I really pick my drinks based on the occasion or mindset i'm in. Case in point, if it's Sunday 12pm and i'm watching my beloved Falcons plan (hush if you don't have nothing nice to say) then i'm in the mood for a nice ice cold Miller High Life or Coors Light (sessionabiity people!). But if it's Friday night and i'm at a bar with friends, I'm usually in hand with a Belvedere, Soda and Lime. So what occasion does a Greyhound fit in? For me, it's the weekend anytime after 2pm but before 8pm and usually coupled with an outdoor scene like a rooftop or patio. Yes, that's where my obsession with Greyhounds live. But if you are like me and you like to add an occasional twist to classic cocktails, then this cocktail is an easy must try. I used Belvedere's Ginger Zest as the vodka of choice and garnished with crystalized (or candied) ginger bites and the simplicty of the spicy ginger with the tart grapefruit just gives me life.
- 2 oz Belvedere Ginger Zest (or just any vodka of your choice)
- 4 oz Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
- Ice Cubes
- Crystalized Ginger Bites'
- Fresh Grapefruit (1/2)
What You will Need: Garnish Pick, Shaker & Strainer
Let's. Do. This
- Place Ice cubes into a shaker glass.
- Pour Vodka over ice cubes followed by grapefruit juice and shake it up.
- Pour through a strainer and into glass (I used a coupe glass so you can really catch the smell of the ginger as you taste it).
- To Garnish: Cut the grapefruit into slices. Using a garinish pick, place candied ginger bites on first followed by the graperfruit slice and serve.